Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Beginning . . .

Hello!  I'm a Mother, a friend, and a Firemans' wife.  We are from a small town North of Boston -- Marblehead, MA.  We have a beautiful little boy who is turning 4 in February. (Thank God were leaving the 3's).  He keeps a smile on my face, keeps me grounded (sometimes), and is my reason to keep going.  My husband and I have been together for 5 years and married for 7 months.  We are a very active family and love going on new adventures everyday.

OK -- enough about them....  I am 25 years old.  I love to be on the water.  If I can't -- I'll go look at it.  I crew on on 81 foot sail boat out of Marblehead. I love to ride my bike and Rollerblade.  Something about the wind rushing by my face... It must have to do with sailing too.  I have been in this town my whole life.  People would call people like me 'Townies'  but -- I'm not.  I've left and lived in different towns just to get out.  My mother is a 'Townie'.  She moved from West Hartford, CT, met my father and hasn't left. Lets put it this way -- she bought a new car in 2003 and it has 26,000 miles on it.  She doesn't leave town. And if we do, I drive, or my father.  Any who -- I have worked at many YMCA's, the JCC in town, and taken care of lots of children.  I guess you could say I'm a customer service, childcare extraordinaire.  I love to be around people and hate to be by myself.  Right now my main focus is taking care of the little man.  We also babysit for 3 families to keep us busy. 

I hear wonderful things about being part of a blogging community and I hope I like it.  I really like to write but journals don't talk back... Sometimes it's nice to get some feedback that a piece of paper can't give me.  I look forward to meeting people and seeing what this is all about!

- Mama Burt

No comments:

Post a Comment