Sunday, April 22, 2012

On The Menu

First, a big shout out to Pinterest, Budgetsavvydiva.com,  and Allrecipies.com for kicking my butt into gear to try new recipies...

How many of you have your 'go-to' recipies that you always cook and are comfortable making? Yea -- that's me! To be honest with you (sorry honey) I'm so sick of the same ol' chicken -- so I'm spicing it up a bit!  Grilled chicken, baked chicken, pan fried chicken. UGH!  He's always up my rear end about cooking fish, so, we bought fish, expensive fish.  I found a recipe and he better like it! I found some new chicken recipes that I can't wait to try and a croc pot mac and cheese which I'm so excited to make today because its rainy and gross! Of course it's not healthy and not up to snuff with the mr. but ya know what?!  I want it!

On the menu this week is :

Miso Salmon
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/miso-salmon/detail.aspx

Grilled Chicken Ceasar Tenders
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/garlic-caesar-chicken-tenders/detail.aspx

Croc Pot Mac & Cheese
http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/2012/03/crock-pot-macaroni-cheese/

Honey Chicken Kabobs
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/yummy-honey-chicken-kabobs/detail.aspx

(Yes, I realize that it's only 4 meals, but Todd's gone 1 night and I'm sure we'll figure the rest out -- these were just new recipes I wanted to try.  Going to try and do at least 2-3 new ones a week)

Meal Planning? I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I have a friend who did it, not sure if she still does, but with the fire house life sometimes it's nice having one less thing to worry about. Sometimes I just like to be spontaneous.  So I pledge to eat healthier and plan meals so we don't resort to the same old same old boring recipes.  And with the nice weather already being here, I already notice a trend during the week and it begins with grill.  Grilled chicken, kielbasa, hot dogs and burgers.  We got into a routine with it and we can still do it, just got to spice it up a bit.

Well, now that I'm starving, I'm going to go make my boring peanut butter & jelly sandwich...

Happy Sunday All :)

No comments:

Post a Comment