Saturday, May 19, 2012

uh oh paleo...

This could either be a great decision or it could be my worst idea yet.  This coming from the bread loving, yogurt eating, cream in my coffee person . . . I'm not so sure I can handle this.  Welp, we have to go grocery shopping and I figure now is as good time as any.  Glad I had steak tips and Cesar salad for dinner.  I'm now going to consume a loaf of bread and the gallon of milk in my fridge.  Doesn't help that I have a toddler and a husband who drink/eat everything you're not supposed to for Paleo.  Thanks Pam Rehal for logging everything you eat and giving me an added push in the right direction.  I figure if I go through your stuff and pick the things I like to eat or sound good, the first two weeks I might not eat my fist from starvation.  Once again, thanks pinterest for being addictive and giving me lots of yummy recipes, oh and paleOMG. My brother-in-law and his wife follow this too and both look fantastic. 
Word of the day (for the moment...) WILLPOWER!
The unwavering strength of will to carry out one's wishes...
(just in case y'all were wondering what the definition was)
(Cont'd from yesterday 5/18) Today I made the decision to go Paleo.  I finished my last 2 cups of coffee with half & half in it and there was no other food in the house.  We went to T-Ball which is hilarious and then went grocery shopping after.  That was by far THE HARDEST grocery shopping trip EVER!  Walking through a grocery store when your hungry is never a good idea but when you just start doing Paleo it's like heart wrenching... I actually had tears in my eyes as I picked up Silk Almond Milk with Vanilla flavor.  I SO wanted to pick up fat free skim milk.... But I stuck with it.  All through the store, Todd said you can have this and I said NO  I can't.  Through the entire store I must have said NO like 20 times.  So while I had the child seat section of the basket carrige filled with fruit, salad, eggs and everything else, he and Jacob were chucking chicken fingers, pizza, yogurts, milk and everything short of the kitchen sink in the cart... :(

SO for food today I had :
Breakfast:  2 cups of coffee with truvia and 1/2 & 1/2. 
Snack:  Banana

Lunch: Can of tuna with a little yellow mustard salt & pepper to taste. Two celery sticks with forty spices humus. (yum!)

Snack:  Apple, dried banana's and some fresh ham.

Dinner:  Pork Chops with honey, and lemon pepper seasoning, hard boiled egg and salad with home made dressing. 

I can safely say that I finished my first paleo day.... with the exception of finishing my half and half.  I have had a head ache all day but I think it might be from the sugar? If that makes sense....  I might log this one as a practice day.  Tomorrow I need to eat a little more at meal time and have better snacks. 

Tonight's agenda :  Map my run for tomorrow, look up some yoga to teach myself and then more Paleo planning! (recipe's for everything!)



2 comments:

  1. I don't know why I am just seeing this now! Probably because blogging is totally foreign to me (seriously I make it up as I go along). But I know you can do it!! And I am always here to help, but am so far from perfect.....hello booze and pizza dip this weekend. lol I can't wait to see how you are feeling in a couple weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Approaching the end of week 2 and I'm feeling great! Def thing I've reached the sugar withdrawls.... I'm exhausted!!

    ReplyDelete